As a leading supplier of height adjustable standing desks, MultiTable.com is at the forefront of the healthy workplace movement. We are dedicated to promoting workplace wellness, and to that end, we travel to events around the country designed to honor employers who have demonstrated a commitment to employee health and educate people about healthy workplaces.
Our Experience at the Healthy Employers Expo
In late September, we attended a “Healthy Employers Expo” in Seattle. While we were there we had a chance to interact with companies from the Pacific Northwest, learning about the benefits of increasing workplace wellness. One of those companies, Portland-based Leatherman Tool Group, Inc., recently purchased height adjustable desks for their offices.
Wellness Programs: A Growing Trend
According to a 2015 survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 49 percent of companies with fewer than 200 employees offer wellness programs compared with 81 percent of larger businesses. These figures, combined with the success of the recent event in Seattle, inspired us to research best practices for companies looking to set up their own workplace wellness programs.
Advantages of Workplace Wellness Programs
There are several advantages for businesses to do so, including reduced healthcare costs, increased productivity, reduced absenteeism and higher employee morale. If you’re ready to take your commitment to employee health and wellness to the next level, the non-profit Wellness Council of America has a list of best practices for setting up a program for your workplace.
Key Steps to Establishing a Wellness Program
- Ensure senior-level support
- Create a wellness team
- Gather data
- Develop an annual operating plan
- Foster a supportive environment
The ROI of Wellness Programs
The results of a study published in the American Journal of Health Promotion found an impressive ROI:
- An average 27 percent reduction in absenteeism due to sick leave
- A 26 percent drop in health care costs
- A 32 percent reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management cost claims
If you’d like to see your company reap the benefits of providing a healthier workplace, we suggest you develop your own workplace wellness program. We hope you’ll consider making height adjustable standing desks an integral part of that plan. To learn how, call us at 602-773-6911 and perhaps we’ll see you soon at a healthy workplace event near you!
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2015). Employer Health Benefits Survey. https://www.kff.org/health-costs/report/2015-employer-health-benefits-survey/
- Wellness Council of America. Best Practices for Workplace Wellness Programs. https://www.welcoa.org/resources/best-practices/
- American Journal of Health Promotion. (2010). ROI of Wellness Programs. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.4278/ajhp.24.2.iv